Slushko Palace

The place where now the Slushko palace stands had been popular among nobles from the beginning of the 16th century as many of them built their residences near the shore of Neris. At the end of the 16th century, the Kiszka family built their residence, which in the middle of the 17th century belonged to the Pac family.

In 1690 Pac sold the palace to Dominik Slushko (1655-1713). The palace, which stood on the shore of Neris river, seems to be not impressive enough, as the new owner decided to tear it down and built a new residence in this place, a little bit closer to the Neris river. It seems that at the beginning of the 18th century, the Slushko palace was one of the most beautiful residences in Vilnius, as in 1705, the Russian Empire’s army headquarters were stationed in the palace.

Later, throughout the times, the Potocki, Puzyna, and Oginski families owned this residence.

Learn more about the Russian tsar’s stay in Vilnius by clicking on this link.

Address: Kosciuškos St. 10