Church of St. Raphael the Archangel

In 1697 Jan Kazimierz Sapieha gave the land plot near the right bank of Neris river, called Śnipiszki, to the Jesuit order.
The Church of St. Raphael the Archangel – was built in 1709. The construction of the church was initiated by Michał Koszyc and Michał Kazimierz Radziwiłł. The construction of church towers took many years, as the first tower was completed in 1752, while the second one – was erected in the second half of the 18th century.
The monastery building, which rests on the back of the church, was built in 1730. 1773 after the abolition of the Jesuit order, the monastery was handed over to the Piarist order.

Address: Šnipiškių St. 1